Wednesday 24 September 2014

My Boobs are Pretty Friendly (Elisalex)





**Edit. Mortified to find an unfinished post had been published with the heading 'My boobs are pretty'



Can you keep a secret? /whispers* My nipples are absurdly close together *

 Two weeks Months ago I embarked upon what was to be, a journey of discovery. I cracked open the By Hand London  Elisalex pattern.
This pattern had been earmarked as my dress to wear to my Brother-in-Laws* wedding, and I realised, as I wiped a bead of sweat from my time marker, that the wedding was but 5 short weeks away.
Yikes!
I set to making a toile with a quasi religious fervor. Toile one was thrown away in disgust. I didn't want flat boobs and a baggy waist. Toile two fared marginally better but was still grossly lacking.
By the third try, I needed help. I signed up for the Craftsy fast track fitting course with Joy Mahon. (Massively helpful) WELL. what would you know? All my reworkings for a f.b.a were for nothing. I wasn't battling against merely bigger boobs, OH NO. They were bigger and closer together and higher than average. Typical. Stupid boobs.

Still, despite that ( and despite the fact that I still need to tweak it for the final garment ( brother-in-laws wedding) I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress. It could only be loved more if it came with free face augumentation. So, here it is. My , Elisalex, rendered in quality charity shop curtain fabric. It is glamorous and vampish but still perfectly suited to the everyday. I'm totally in love.
Just trying to ignore the camera
"Oh! what are YOU doing here?"
 

Just relaxing next to some classical graffiti
It is worth noting that these pictures were taken in Prior Park in Bath. BE-AU-TI-FUL. Even better was the fact that we had free tea, coffee and biscuits and were visited by lots of dragonflies.

See, totally stunning !!


No comments:

Post a Comment